At the beginning of September, Landmark introduced some improvements to the contents of their residential environmental reports. Both Homecheck Professional Environmental and Landmark Envirosearch Residential have been expanded to include additional, useful details that can be used to ensure you have the full picture when dealing with a residential property/land transaction.
The key additions are summarised below:
Both HomeCheck Professional Environmental and Envirosearch Residential now include information on:
- Whether the site has previously been used for military purposes (here is a relatively recent story about how military use can contaminate a piece of land;
- “Unspecified works” - this refers to factories and words where previous activities are unspecified in Landmark’s records but could, nevertheless, have the potential to result in contamination (please see recent story on how homeowners can be affected by previous industrial use).
HomeCheck Professional Environmental Report
- Environmental Constraints - new datasets added and presented in a table which highlight the Environmental Constraints features that are from datasets recognised as being relevant to Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. The Environmental Constraints features are:
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Local Nature Reserves
- National Nature Reserves
- National Parks
- Ramsar Sites
- Sites of Special Scientific Interest
- Special Areas of Conservation
- Special Protection Areas
- Ground Stability - the ground instability risk has been added to check for natural factors affecting Ground Stability in addition to the existing check for mining activity.
Envirosearch Residential Report
An overview map has now been included to show:
- Overhead Power lines & Mobile Phone Masts - this information was previously removed from the report but as Landmark have since received a lot of queries about it, the detail has now been returned.
- Environmental Constraints information - this shows the location of any Environmental Constraints features that are from datasets recognised as being relevant to Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 (see above for list).
In addition the datasets are now displayed within a table whereas previously there was a consolidated “yes” “no” response.
If you have any queries about environmental reports or any other product, please contact our Customer Services Team on 0800 085 8050.