Changes to the Council (Official) Local Authority Search
The Law Society is launching its new versions of the CON29R and CON29O forms on Monday, 4 July.
Please be aware that due to the changes and uncertainty among some Local Authorities as to their specific cut-off date for the switch between the old and new forms, there may be some slight delays around Council (Official) Local Authority searches submitted in the last week of June.
Geodesys timing and implementation of the changes will be as follows:
Orders received by Geodesys up to 4pm on Thursday, 30 June will be sent to the Local Authorities using the current form. This will ensure that the correct choices are processed in the OLD format and cleared through the various Local Authorities prior to the new format being fully in place on Monday, 4 July.
All orders received by Geodesys after this cut-off will be processed as the NEW format. This may mean a slight delay (as new format is not fully in place until Monday, 4 July), but at all stages we will keep you abreast of any potential issues (as raised by the relevant Local Authority) or any potential longer delays.
Please rest assured that optional questions and pricing will always show correctly for both the old and new formats depending on when you are ordering. The NEW format searches will appear on our website from Friday, 1 July.
Changes to the forms include:
- “Public Paths and Byways” in the CON29O (was Question 5) has now been removed and features as part of the standard information contained in the CON29R
- Question 21 “Flood Defence and Land Drainage Consents” is a new optional question in the CON29O
- two questions in the CON29O have been re-titled slightly and the answers now contain more information
- nearly all questions in the CON29O are re-numbered as a result of the new Question 21 and the removed Question 25
- two new questions have been added to the CON29R
- Question 3.10 Community Infrastructure Levy, and
- Question 3.15 Assets of Community Value.
- plus there are some extra and reworded elements to Question 3.3 Drainage