Continuing Professional Development (CPD) is an integral part of any conveyancer's progression and aptitude, as well as being an effective way to share expertise and best practice.
Regulatory bodies such as the Council of Licensed Conveyancers and Solicitors Regulation Authority expect property practitioners to undertake CPD activities, as well as reflect on their learning and apply to their day-to-day working life.
Any approach to gaining CPD points is valid so long as the legal professional can demonstrate that it contributes to the service they are offering. Today, participants are overwhelmed with choice as there are a host of activities to choose from, including webinars, coaching / mentoring, courses, research and events – so how best can a solicitor invest their time in CPD?
Well, Geodesys regularly hosts a series of complimentary CPD events for conveyancers across the country.
Worth three CPD points, the popular, interactive events feature industry experts like property market analyst and commentator Kate Faulkner and provide highly informative seminars looking at a mixture of topics such as the threats the modern conveyancer is exposed to and the best tools for remaining compliant.
“Taking time out of the office is often considered an inconvenience for busy professionals, but actually stepping away from the desk away from distractions, mingling with peers and being in a learning environment, means our events offer a wealth of benefits,” says Jonny Davey, Product Manager for Geodesys and regular presenter at events.
- Delegates are encouraged to contribute to discussions which helps them benefit from shared knowledge about the industry, legislation and products available to them.
- Real-life scenarios and case studies are an excellent way to apply learning back in the workplace and show what solutions are available for particular situations.
- Event takeaways. Event organisers usually give participants a copy of the presentations and examples discussed to help embed learning when back in the office.
- Events provide the opportunity for delegates to network with one another as well as the presenters, extending the learning potential.
- Mix it up. Cover a number of areas and topics in one fell swoop by attending a CPD event which features a mix of different topics.
Conveyancers are extremely busy individuals so it’s important their time is used wisely when investing in CPD training. Events are a powerful way to interact and learn from many different professionals as well as boosting networks, confidence and knowledge.
If you would like to find out more about any of our CPDs or would like to arrange an internal CPD, please contact your Client Account Executive or call our Customer Services team on 0800 085 8050.