If you are looking for an exciting new role, you've come to the right place. Geodesys is part of Anglian Water (the largest Water and Wastewater Company in England and Wales) and has two sister brands - each operating in an ever-changing and challenging market.
A career with Geodesys will enable you to enjoy all the benefits of working for the Anglian Water Group. We believe your salary and bonus should be just the beginning of your reward package so there’s nothing basic about the breadth and competitiveness of the benefits we offer. From pension and private healthcare to flexible working and beyond.
This is all whilst having the variety, flexibility and camaraderie of working as part of a small team. At Geodesys we encourage a creative and fun environment, and this forward thinking approach means a friendly atmosphere, a great place to work and excellent opportunities to develop yourself and your career.
Development Operations Engineer - circa £40k depending on experience
Are you a talented and enthusiastic Dev Ops Engineer looking for a new challenge where you can develop your skills and add value to our business?
In this exciting and progressive role you’ll be responsible for increasing the efficiency of how our Technical Teams operate by championing and implementing automation and scripting throughout our systems and processes. In addition, you’ll take the lead on the administration of cloud platforms as we optimise and embrace the most innovative forms of technology to remain a leader in our industry.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research and develop processes for automation.
- Create environments where test cases can be automatically run as part of the software build process.Assist in the automation and scripting of data maintenance and configuration.
- Work with Platform Owners to define and monitor key metrics to ensure smooth operation of applications.
- Create and maintain cloud platforms to the standards defined by IT in terms of security, resilience, scalability and supportability whilst being as commercially efficient as possible.
- Create and maintain documentation of platform architecture and configuration whilst implementing and communicating new technologies across the business.
- Amazon Web Services knowledge
- PowerShell/Python or Ruby
- Good technical understanding of network communication protocols (TCP/IP & HTTP) and network security (HTTPS, SSL and SFTP.)
Awareness/knowledge of and keen to learn:
- Microservice Architecture
- Clustered services
- CI/CD automation servers (Jenkins)
- Containerisation & orchestration tools (Docker/Kubernetes)
- A “Routine Automation” Attitude
With the ability to solve problems creatively and effectively, you’ll be able to work across different teams and understand their challenges and offer proactive and enthusiastic solutions by breaking down complex technical issues into understandable actions.
If this opportunity sounds like your next career step, please apply today!