Whilst we make every effort to ensure that all our searches are accurate and dispatched in a timely way, we understand that occasionally things may not go as planned. If you have a query or complaint about your search, you should raise it directly with us, and if appropriate ask for any complaint to be considered under our formal internal complaints procedure. We will always try to resolve a query or complaint immediately. If you are not satisfied with our final response, or if we exceed the response timescales, you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS). The Ombudsman can award up to £25,000 to you if the Ombudsman finds that you have suffered actual financial loss and/or aggravation, distress or inconvenience.
If it is not possible to resolve your complaint immediately, we will:
- Take all of the details and investigate your complaint under our formal complaints procedure. If we do not contact you within 5 working days of you raising the complaint, you will be entitled to £50 compensation.
- Always aim to resolve a complaint fully and in writing within 5 working days, but no later than 20 working days of receipt.
- Keep you informed by letter, telephone or email as you prefer should we need more time to resolve the matter.
- Provide a final response, in writing, at the latest within 40 working days of receipt.
- Liaise, at your request, with anyone acting formally on your behalf.
If we consider your complaint to be justified we will:
- Refund your search fee.
- Provide you with a revised search.
- Take all action within our control to put things right.
Complaints should be sent to:
1 Percy Rd
Tel: 0800 085 8050
If you are not satisfied with our final response, or if we exceed the response timescales, you may refer the complaint to The Property Ombudsman Scheme (TPOS):
The Property Ombudsman Scheme
43-55 Milford Street
Telephone: 01722 333306
Fax: 01722 332296
We will co-operate fully with the Ombudsman during an investigation and comply with their final decision.